Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vindictive

I have a confession to make, while we're being honest with one another.
I am not a total stranger to vengeful, vindictive, fantasies
Though they are rare and never acted upon
I believe wholeheartedly that their poisonous nature would ultimately play out like the sting of a honey bee on your deathly allergic arm.
But, if only because I am aware of them, they are strengthening.

You stand by her locker,
Offering your aloof attention, which could so easily be transferred to the next pretty thing that walks by. . .it wouldn't have to be female or even human to qualify.
Which would be fine except she inhales it like a daffodil basking in the rays of the sun
When you are just a tanning bed, at best.
You would crack and dry her newly opened pedals and cause cancerous growths in her stem and root systems.
She would reach for you and the barrier between your incandescence and her cell wall would be real, touchable, tangible.
You could only cause death and destruction.

And so, I wish to destroy you.
To uncover the power, that I keep so well hidden
And attract you like a moth to the flame.
It would be easy, because it would seem real. . .I would convince you.
I am not swayed by your aloofness, I know.  You would be an easy kill.
My love is like the sun; all encompassing.
Whose boundaries can never be reached,
encouraging you to grow forever.
It is nourishing, it is revealing, it is addictive.
You would bask in it.  You would mature in it.  You would live for it.

And I would drop you.  Shut it off for no rhyme or reason.
Move to Kalamazoo and forget to tell you that I was leaving.
You would never hear from me again.

Then you might understand exactly what it is you will do to her.
What you are doing to her even now.

But my love is not vengeful.
It fantasizes but is powerless to inflict harm willingly.
Instead it hopes for you and she, that you are young and naive and wish no harm upon each other.  That you are not using each other to fulfil some teenage means or end.  That you are caring  with the depth of your heart which is still not deep but will grow through this encounter.
I see this from the outside, out of your league, though you don't see it yet.
mountains in Chiang Mai, Thaliand



Her beautiful pedals may shrivel and die but she will be reborn as a new and beautiful flower the next spring, reaching ever upward, higher and higher to embrace your nourishing light.
And you will shake your shell, eventually.  She will break down each barrier with her piercing death until you become the eternal energy reaching, yearning, for the comfort of her earth.

No comments: