Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The edge

For my next trick,
I will disappear off the face of the earth.

If you thought the earth was round
come and join me on the edge
where you can disappear
and never be seen again

The sound of silence will deafen ears dying for stimulation
The languages not spoken will intertwine and become one
Sifting through the memories of a mind
forgotten
Uncoding soul statures
Unraveling fleshy cloth
wrapped masterfully around
quivering fire

Extremities shake
under the weight of decisions made
in clarity
that push us to the edge of space.
Stomachs churn and spurn our choices
casting doubt like shadows on the other side
of mind.

But there is something bigger than me
that sees me through.
the edge.    Leh, Ladakh
Pushing boundaries
and opinions
forces my eyes open
wider
wider
wider
nearly blinded by the light
but hungry for the spice of life
a wild grape's sweet and sour
puckered cheeks 
and a truth I can come home to
relax into
get to know straight through
and surrender.


No comments: