Thursday, February 4, 2010

Khajuraho

Right now I am in Khajuraho.  I just went to see the famous "Kama Sutra temples" which have lots of erotic carvings all over them.  It was pretty cool and reminded me a lot of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.  Tomorrow I think I will be heading to a waterfall about 20k outside of the city. . .*by bicycle!*




then. . .catching a bus to Satna and heading to Jalgaon to go to Ajanta caves.
From there I'll probably being staying in Mumbai for a day or 2 with the brother of the family I was living with in Faridabad.
No real desire to go to Mumbai, just as a rest point from trains.  From there I'm planning to go to Goa. . .for the beach party scene. . .which I also could do without. . .but my cool Canadian friend is there currently and I'm hoping to meet up with her if possible. Then I think I will head along the coast of Kerala before heading inland towards Mysore and Bangalore. . .AND THEN, we'll see what day it is.  I was thinking I might fly from Bangalore to Delhi (maybe squeeze in a trip to Dharamsala??) and then Kathmandu (leaving March 10th, arriving in Japan on March 11th).

I just sent word to the travel agent in Japan today, My flight back home will be leaving Nagoya on March 16th at 12:00pm (or something) and arriving (this is the important part) in 
Toronto at 16:00pm on March 16th 2010
see you there?? heh

So currently, I am running around, having a wicked time, talking to volunteer organizations and networking and it's been going well, aside from Indian time causing all of my appointments to get delayed, cancelled or. . .disappeared? and I met a new friend in Varanasi.  He's Japanese and he decided to come with me from Varanasi to Mumbai, potentially Goa.  So it's safer at least to not be traveling alone.



cool alleyway in Varanasi
goat with a sweater
Varanasi was also AMAZING.  I wish I had my camera for more of the time I was there. . .but I forgot it in Faridabad and it took a few days for the Indian Post to get it to me.  BUT it DID arrive!so now I can take lots and lots more pictures for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: