Sunday, June 26, 2011

Delhi

Horns honking.
Incense burning on the corner.
Tourists getting Mehndi.
Cows chillin in the middle of the street.
People. All kinds of people.
Life.
How am I still awake? I don't even feel tired and I haven't really slept well for at least 72 hours.
The lady who sat beside me on the plane pretty much adopted me as her daughter, since she doesn't have any daughters or sisters. She was impressed because I was reading a book about learning Hindi on the plane and she was a Hindi, Punjabi and Math teacher for 40 years. She lives in Mississauga and is going to call me when she gets back from her trip to Punjab. . .or I'm going to call her when I get back to Canada.
I bought a phone from the same guy who sold me a phone last time I was in Delhi.
A porter tried to charge me 500 Rupees for carrying my bag to the luggage room. I laughed and gave him 40 (which was still probably more than the going rate).
Had some chai and watched the scene of tourists, shop keepers and other pedestrians in Phar Ganj for a while.
Train in 3 hours.
Back in India :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

learned a lot